Part 2: Reddit Sexsells: The 10 Red Flags
Continuing on things you need to look out for! These are tips from someone who went through it all. You can find part 1 here:
Here is a continued list of signs you should look at, please pay attention to them!
- The performer uses excuses like:
- My phone ran out of battery
- I had to get a charging cord. I'll be right back
- I had to restart my phone
- The app is acting weird, sorry for the delay
- The performer takes the exact same photos:
- They are the same photos that rotate around their history
- They use photos that are used on other sites they promote
- The performer entices you with the "occasional" photo which is easily found on one of their posting places
- The performer uses time to their advantage
- asks you a lot of questions "to start"
- they have to get ready or have to do something right after receiving money
- they want to dress in the outfit you like, especially when you tell them before what you want
- They claim to be ready but the moment you send money they need "a few minutes"
- They respond every few minutes instead of near real time when it's supposed to be a conversation (if you paid for sexting)
- They claim that you are lucky to be talking to them
- Typical gaslighting maneuver to make you the culprit
- They tell you about how many other people they could be with
- They specifically time when you "send a gift" as the starting point, not the time they actually spend with you
I have a part 3 coming but here are the first 2 sections that will help people not get in trouble or scammed.